Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Organizing the Portfolio

I decided that it was about time to create a portfolio on my computer of all the pictures that I taken over the past few years that I really like. My professor gave us a list of things that we can do during post processing to add a little extra to the pictures.

One way that you can sharpen your images (if you are using Photoshop) is to put the image into Lab Color Mode and add certain filters to the different channels. In the Lightness channel use the Unsharpen Mask and in the a and b channels use a Gaussian Blur. Channel b should be slightly more than channel a. I really like this feature! I have been wanting my images to be a little more crisp and this definitely helps.

I will post a picture that I took a few weeks ago for a previous assignment that I also have on my Facebook account. I am particularly happy with the photograph because the topic (scenic, architecture) is not one of my strong points, but it surprisely came out better than I thought it would. The depth is especially interesting. One way to create depth is to have something in the foreground, middle ground, and background. Like layers.

Now I will add the picture. Good evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment