Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photography || Leave The Mind Out?

So I have changed the look a little on this here blog. I wanted it to reflect the website I have in my mind. My dad and I have been trying to tackle a website for me, one step at a time. We are both learning. I tried creating a baroque pattern... yup. Gonna have to try again.

I have been doing a little reading. Just trying to brush up on my technical skills in photography. I would like to post the treasures I discover, which are both factual and speculative. Right now I am reading books by Michael Freeman. I am slowly building my collection of his writings. I almost bought a third at the good ol' B&N, but I figured I needed to dissect the ones that I have first. I appreciate his approach because he gives references to cognitive psychology research, my other left hand. You cannot leave the mind out of anything in this world.

I will leave you with this bit of info... red. It gives depth. This is because it is one of the strongest and densest colors (if you do not believe me, ask Christopher how many coats it took to paint his walls red... so that it would actually look RED). As Freeman states in his book The Photographer's Eye, red tends to advance creating depth when placed in the foreground of an image.



I like 'em sweet. Happy 5th day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment