Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frivolous Color, You Have Me

I am the girl who keeps it safe and buys only brown and black shoes, purses, hair barrettes, and well probably any accessory. I need to make sure I can use them with EVERYTHING that I wear. Some people like beige walls, so I know that I am not alone. Well... later on I did start to buy colorful purses but it wasn't until I ran into Christopher's life that I discovered that color can be used anywhere. He will wear orange shoes with any shirt, slide on checkered sunglasses with any attire, and be the one to paint his room deep red (which I have already explained in another post). He was known in high school for pulling off strange attire combinations so I know I am not the first to discover this.

What I can claim is that it has affected me. I now feel like the variety in my wardrobe and shoe rack is quite lame. Branching out is painfully awesome. I have always loved color, but I never grasped the idea that I could be frivolous with it. There doesn't need to be any guilt for having something just because it is orange, green, yellow, or purple. Ya. I am not one to be frivolous. I won't even go into talking about how it took me 3 WHOLE MONTHS to buy an iMac. *gasp* oh the shock! It is no longer labeled frivolous. Who needs labels?

Anyway, that is what I have to say about that. Color makes life exciting. Try changing colors up some time and see what it does for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment